August 30th, 2007
More poker slang from around the world, and the Internets.
- San Francisco Busboy – Another name for the old , with the same etymology. Just as funny if…
- zombie – Someone showing no emotion or behaviour. A good poker face. “He’s a total zombie, but only when he actually has a hand, which is kind of ironic.”
- Upstairs! – another way to say “I raise”.
- philosopher – slang for a card cheat in England, apparently. I like this one.
- No vacancy! – another way to announce that you hit the boat.
- foot – A terrible hand. As in,”my hand’s so bad, it might as well be a foot”
Filed under: Jargon